Monday, June 18, 2012

Reaching Out

OK!  After several weeks of trying to keep up with life and the tasks at hand we feel we are ready to turn the corner and dig in.  We are ready to be used and poured out.  We can't wait actually, feel like a bird in a bird cage ready to be let loose.  I feel God has been speaking to us about praying into areas where we can serve right where we are; no longer waiting.  I am hearing His voice about this in every area I turn. 

Please share your cool ideas of how you minister to others, with your family, right where you are.  I would love to hear them and be challenged in new ways and ideas!

I'll share that we have enjoyed loving on our mail carrier.  Mr. Craig will usually find a treat and a note in the mailbox 1-2 times a week.  We even went so far as to make up a questionnaire for him to find out his favs; favorite treat, favorite drink in the cold, favorite drink in the heat, when his birthday is so we could extra splurge on him.  AND you know what?   He said, "I've never seen a nicer family!"  Now, I don't say that to brag on us a bit, I almost want to leave that out BUT we must know it because that is the point.  If we love the way Christ asks us to it will not look normal, it will look radically different and people will notice.  They will feel a love that they rarely, if ever see.  SO, let's love away people! 

We are getting up early tomorrow at this house because it is trash, recycling and lawn waste pick-up.  That is THREE sets of people coming right to our driveway and we are going to be waiting for them!  How often do they get loved on???  Come on now, let's make it a point to have a treat waiting for them too! 

Share away!  I (and I'm sure others) will enjoy your great ideas! 



No comments:

Post a Comment