Saturday, March 14, 2009

Clean Hands

L is a bit preoccupied with clean hands (her mother is rubbing off on her already). My (dad) job is to have a wet washcloth ready and wipe her hands when they get a speck of dirt on them. So the other day L was eating a piece of watermelon. Unfortunately, that got her right hand dirty so she moved the watermelon to her left hand and motioned for me to clean her right hand. However, by the time I got the right hand cleaned, she realized that her left hand was now dirty. So of course, to clean her left hand, she had to move the watermelon to her right hand and then motioned for me to clean her left hand. Now I’m a pretty bright guy, so I could see where this was going, but I thought I would humor her for a while. Fortunately, she is pretty bright too and after a couple more transitions and some cute giggles, she decided to just eat the watermelon.

1 comment:

  1. too cute! don't ya just love when you're one step ahead of the kiddos - always hoping to be just that one step ahead!

    ReplyDelete