Monday, March 16, 2009

One Week!

It's been one week since we first met L and it swells my heart thinking of all the changes we've seen already. Really, it's not fair what these little ones to have had to endure; what they must have felt. In just one week L is allowing herself to trust, to love, to open up to complete strangers who say they love her but what guarantee does she have of that? Her life has no proof that anyone or anything stays the same. I've read blogs about people saying how brave their little ones are but until you watch one of God's precious children chisel away at the wall of uncertainty to trust you, it is quite hard to comprehend the depth of bravery that must take.

The first morning L woke up everything about her seemed to say; "Oh my, they are still here, I am still here!" Now, just one week later she looks for me when she wakes, reaches up to be held and sits solemnly on my lap. I cannot deny that she has made great strides this past week but I also can't help to ponder what it must feel like to wonder each morning who you will see looking back at you...

1 comment:

  1. How often I have thought exactly what you've said. I can't even imagine. The beautiful thing, though, is that she will NEVER experience that again!

    ReplyDelete