Saturday, May 5, 2012

Jet Lag!

Jon writing here at 3:00 am.  The Lord has blessed me with a little bit of jet lag tonight so I thought I would share some thoughts.  The jet lag truly is a blessing because with all of the craziness of getting here, I shifted into my "just get it done" mode and focused only on what we needed to do next and lost focus on the big picture.  God woke me up this morning to remind me about that big picture.  Some of that includes:
  1. I have two weeks straight to experience unbelievable things with my family, and see God revealed.  Don't waste each moment thinking about what we need to do next.  The goal isn't to just get this done.
  2.  Be a father.  One of the things about this trip that excited the girls was two straight weeks with dad.  I need to be intentional about strengthening my relationships with them.
  3. It's easy to observe people and culture from a distance.  We can drive through in our van, stay in American style hotels and just "see" what life is like.  I pray that though the connections God has placed in our path, we will be able to experience life here and be transformed by seeing what God is doing here through some of his faithful followers.
In reviewing what I wrote, I don't know that I articulated things very well, but trying to write it down was helpful.  Thanks for humoring me by reading it.  Also, thank you to everyone who posts comments, it is SO encouraging to read them.  We love you all.

Jon

(We do have some neat pictures to post, so we will plan to do that this evening, so check back soon)

 

3 comments:

  1. It's so great to see you've arrived safely...jet lag and all! 8)

    We are continuing to prayer for you...and for all the ways God will use this trip for His glory!

    Lots of love from CT,
    The Yoreos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn and Jon...so thankful for your safe arrival and excited to see your first post yesterday. God keeps bringing you to mind often and I lift you up in prayer in those moments. I will now add these prayer requests in my prayers for you. Happy Birthday to Ella...this will be a special birthday for her to remember. Thank you for sharing this journey through your blog and letting us know how we can pray more specifically for your family! God Bless, Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that you will all be free from distraction and able to soak up every moment of this amazing journey! We love you!

    ReplyDelete