Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Lord's Provision

Really it never stopped.  Our Lord Jesus Christ covered us with more than we could ask or imagine again and again on this trip.  I want to begin to write it down here so we never forget AND to testify to His greatness; that it might encourage your faith as well.

I shared with friends many times, before we even left, that people would just show up at our house with the exact need on my checklist.  We even got countless calls asking what was still needed.  Do you know, I left the house once to do an errand and SILLY ME for not trusting because when we got home someone showed up with just the things I had purchased. 

SO... hear these miracles:

1) When I was pregnant I wanted a special baby outfit for going home; something that could be treasured and saved.  I wanted the same for Punya but honestly didn't know where to start.  I wanted new pajamas because I thought that would be her first thing we would change her into.  I also wanted some new clothes that would be her going home outfits.  I had quickly looked here and there but also needed to consider that she may be FREEZING in air conditioning so perhaps a sweater was needed. 

On Monday before our Thursday departure, a friend from Iowa swung by our house with THREE brand new Gymboree dresses, with a matching long-sleeved, warm green sweater!  GORGEOUS!  Do you know what else?  She also had a brand new pair of pj's!  SHE HAD NO IDEA OF ANY OF MY SPECIFIC THOUGHTS FOR CLOTHES!  Thank you Holts!

2) Bags!  Every single bag that we took was a donation.  We even packed several bags to be used to transport smaller portions when we arrived.  So thank you to SO, SO many of you for helping us get there!  A couple specific blessings come to mind. 
a) The carry-ons were the first thing we put in order.  The girls were quite excited to prepare.  Upon stuffing them with food, sweatshirt, sanitizer, wipes, activities, journal, etc.; they were plum full.  Actually, it was too full for Livi.  There was no way she was going to maneuver her bag so I knew I'd be helping her.  BUT, praise the Lord, on Wednesday afternoon the Rothfuss family came by with ONE rolling backpack.  PERFECT, I hadn't even made that request known! 
b) The second HUGE blessing was in God's timing for large suitcases.  The Wedergrens & Moss families had donated one each and I remember walking out of church thinking the remaining duffle bags wouldn't allow us to fill to capacity.  Right then the Lord put Julie in my path and she asked what was still needed.  Long skirts for me and large suitcases were lacking; "I love to shop!  I will go to Goodwill and see what I can find today!"  I received an email later that day with delighted news that two more large suitcases would be waiting for pick-up on Tuesday evening; including three long skirts for me! 

3) The calls!  I had lists... just ask!  I am still amazed today that I would cross off items on my list simply by answering the phone.  Some dear soul would be on the other end asking how they could help; markers, pencil sharpeners, clothes and more.

4) VBS materials!  I received a call from our church saying they were cleaning out a closet and wondered if I wanted to take the excess items.  I figured since I was making a trip to church I would gather them and see if there was room.  Not only was there room for everything but the exact number of items were present to run a day of VBS in Agra.  We didn't know that was going to be asked of us so even HAVING those items in the bag was a miracle.  I had wanted to have some fun activities for kids in case we could bless on them or there might be time to fit something in of our own planning.  NEVER did I know that they were thinking we were running the camp.  Perfect example of God providing when I didn't even know there would be a need! 

there is more... tired and off to bed tonight...

3 comments:

  1. "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask OR IMAGINE, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

    Ephesians 3:20-21

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are rejoicing and praying with you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, I am ashamed that we have forgotten to check your blog until today, and we were greeted with treasure upon treasure. Openned them all and laughed and cried along with you. We send warm embraces and prayer for the paperwork. Much love to your amazing family of 7!

    ReplyDelete